Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive.
Do not settle for less than exactly what you want. Your heart’s desires are there for a reason. Chase them. Pursue them relentlessly. Do not lose sight of your goals.
Don’t fall in love with a curious one.
They will want to know who you are, where you come from, what your family was like.
They will look through your photographs and read all of your poems. They will come over for dinner and speak to your mother about how their curiosity has taught them things of use to her. They will ask you to rant when you’re angry and cry when you’re hurt.
They will ask what that raised eyebrow meant. They will want to know your favorite food, your favorite color, you favorite person. They will ask why.
They will buy that camera you liked, pay attention to that band you love in case there’s a show near by, they will get you the sweater you smiled at once. They’ll learn to cook your favorite meals.
The curious people don’t settle for your shell, they want the insides.
They want what makes you heavy, what makes you uneasy, what makes you scream
for joy, and anger, and heartbreak.
Their skin will turn into pages
that you learn to pour out your entire being in.
Don’t fall in love with the curious one.
They won’t let a sigh go unexplained.
They will want to know what they did
Exactly what they did to make you love them.
Year, month, week, day.
“What time was it? What did I say? What did I do?
How did you feel?”
Don’t fall in love with a curious one because I’ve been there.
They will unbutton your shirt
and read every scar
They will dissect your every limb, every organ, every thought, every being.
“There’s a curiosity in you that will move mountains some day
as effortlessly as you’ve moved me for years.”
Wrapping up the last interview for my capstone project
Late Night Notes - 3/2
- If you ever go up against me in a game of Tits, you will lose….I’m pretty sure i have mastered the art of flipping cups.
- I’ve come to realize that you can park anywhere on campus after 10pm without a parking pass and not worry about getting ticketed ( up until 6am, that’s when the vultures come out)
- Not going to lie but….The Lego Movie was probably the best experience i’ve had watching a children’s movie in a long time.
- The only thing that’s on my mind as of this moment is how enjoyable spending an entire week outside of Indiana will be. In two weeks i’ll be spending my spring break in Philadelphia with a few strangers all coming together for a common purpose. Honestly i don’t even care if it snows there…I’m just ready to see something new and different.
- When it comes time for me to have children, I don’t think i’ll have the capacity to give a damn about who they decide to become only as long as they are happy with themselves and who they are. I want my son/daughter to explore what makes them unique instead of trying to follow in their parents footsteps. I want them to go out and explore as much as possible with the hopes that they’ll return one day with vivid tales of the places they went and people they encountered along the way.
Apparently there is a book/cartoon character named Moomin who is very popular outside of the United States it seems….